Vid Octopus allows registered users to distribute videos to multiple supported platforms at the same time.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of our service (e.g. name, an email address and password). You may however visit our site anonymously.
- We collect information when you login to other third-party platforms by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party sites e.g. YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Dropbox, etc. via our service.
- For video analytics and monitoring the bandwidth consumed, we collect information about video size, video format, the date and time when the video was distributed, the name and number of different platforms it was shared to.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- Personal Information: When you register with us through the website or Vid Octopus android application to become a registered user of Vid Octopus, we will ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information currently includes an email address and a password. We use your Personal Information to provide the Service to you. For example:
- Account registration. We create your user account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
- Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Vid Octopus newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings. (See “Your choices regarding information,” below.)
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- Video distribution information to third-party platforms: When you want to distribute your videos to a supported third-party platform we may ask your personal information (e.g. username, password) so that you can login to the third-party platform and distribute your videos. We do not store or have access to your account details on any of the supported platform to where you distribute your videos. We only provide a secure interface through which you can login to your account just like you login when you go to the supported platform’s webpage directly. Current supported platforms are YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook and Dropbox.
- Mobile Software: Our Mobile Software allows Users to access and use the Service from their mobile devices. From the Mobile Software, in the event that our Mobile Software crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model, software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Mobile Software.
- Log Data: When you visit the Service, whether as a registered User or a non-registered User just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- Analytics and History: When you distribute videos using our Android Application our servers automatically record information that we can use to provide you different statistics, make sure you comply with the video size requirements and keep track of how much bandwidth you have used from your allowed bandwidth. Information collection includes, but is not limited to, video size, video format, video title, date and time when video was distributed, number of platforms video is distributed to. We also keep a history of all your video distribution activity. We only keep the link of your videos on the platforms where it is shared (for analytics purpose) but not the actual video. For example if you distribute your video to Dailymotion and Facebook we store a weblink of your video on Dailymotion and Facebook. The privacy settings of the video you have chosen apply to us, just as they apply to any other normal internet user.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information: We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Video Content: When you click distribute video the video is uploaded to our servers and then distributed to different platforms that you have selected. We do not store, edit, modify or scan the contents of the video in anyway. The videos you share are not saved on our servers after they have been distributed to all of the selected platforms. If you upload a video but do not schedule or queue it for distribution, the video is automatically deleted from our servers within two to ten hours.
Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your Vid Octopus account (including your Personal Information) with the SNSs that you have linked to your Vid Octopus account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the SNS has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and not for other purposes.
- Facebook Connect: We allow Users to link their Facebook account to our Service. Users can then post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook account. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook service. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on Facebook by making selections in your application settings page in Facebook.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: Vid Octopus cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Vid Octopus or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers: Vid Octopus may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
YOUR CHOICE REGARDING INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email Communications: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings.
- Cookies: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Disconnecting social media platforms: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your account on any of the supported platforms (e.g., Facebook or YouTube) linked to your Vid Octopus account, then you may de-link the account in the “Platforms” section in Vid Octopus account settings.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information: All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account by contacting us. You can also delete all your video sharing history from the “history” sections in application settings menu. However deleting video history form the application does not delete the video links stored in our server. You can send us a request to delete all the links of your previous video distributions that are saved on our server. If you choose to completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service contains links to other third-party websites and online services. If you choose to visit another website or online service by clicking on a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we may link to a website or online service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and online services, and these third parties may place their own cookies or other files on your computer and collect data or solicit Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information from you. Other sites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites or online services you visit before providing any information or using such websites or services.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT INFORMATION
- Information Security: We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the application or website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as your account information for supported platforms), that information is encrypted and transmitted directly (and in some cases via our servers) to the video sharing platform you have selected in a secure way. We use SSL encryption to make sure that your account details are transferred securely to the required platform. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. While we use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained through the Service, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons.
- Phishing: Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Vid Octopus. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not request your credit card information, login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
- Breach Notification: We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable law) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Service in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy or any of the practices described herein, please contact us at support.vidoctopus.com or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org